Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wrapping up the Magical March Challenge


In March Adam of Roof Beam Reader is hosting the Magical March challenge. I have read several books in the fantasy and dystopian genre and today I will write the wrap up post for this challenge. Let's see how well I did ;)

The Levels:
Magician’s Class: 1-2 Books Read & Reviewed
Sorcerer’s Class: 3-5 Books Read & Reviewed
Wizard’s Class: 6-7 Books Read & Reviewed
Grand Merlin Class: 8+ Books Read & Reviewed

I was aiming for the Sorcerer's Class and to read between 3 and 5 books and I made a list below.

1) A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett
2) Wintersmith - Terry Pratchett
3) The Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
4) Some books of the Spiderwick Chronicles series

This was my original plan. However because I had some dystopian books on hold at the library that finally came through, I had to change around my reading plan and this is probably the reason why I read a lot more than I thought I would.

So I ended up reading:
All five books from the Spider Chronicles series (review here)
A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett (review here)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver (review here)
Crossed by Ally Condie (review here)

This makes 8 books in total which means I made it to the Grand Merlin Class! I would never have thought I would make that, but it turned out I did. I am pretty amazed by that. Also.... I hope that everyone who participated enjoyed this challenge very much and I hope that Adam will host this one next year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment