Last year the Wishlist Challenge was hosted by Judith at Leeswammes. I had so much fun with the 2012 edition that gave me that extra push to allow me to read books that I actually wanted to read for a while. This year Judith asked me if I wanted to organise it, so here it is! Thank you Judith!
Here is the challenge (shameless copy-paste from last year):
Read 12 books (one for every month of the year) that you would like to read, but don’t already have on your shelves.
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2013 to December 31st, 2013.
2. You are to read 12 books from your current wishlist. If you don’t have a list anywhere, write down books that you are eager to read, that you don’t own yet, and choose 12 books off that list.
3. If you can’t find a book that’s on your wishlist (your library doesn’t have it, or you don’t want/can’t buy it) then you can use another book. But: you are not allowed to include any NEWLY added books for this challenge. So, whatever your list is now, that’s it. I.e. you can’t read amazing things about a book on someone else’s blog, decide you want to read it, then read it for the Wishlist Challenge. The opposite is true: you want to read something for the Wishlist Challenge, so you go to your wishlist, find a book that was on that wishlist before January 1st, 2013, and read it for the challenge.
4. You can overlap with other challenges, as long as you read books that were on your wishlist before January 1st, 2013.
5. Sign up here by leaving a comment with a link to your announcement post for this challenge.
6. When you’ve read your 12 books, come back here and leave a comment with a link to your final post about the challenge. Make sure you’ve done this by January 15th, 2014.
Okay so here is my own list for now. But I know myself, I will switch it up ;) My books come from my Wishlist on Goodreads (which currently has 250 books on it!).
1. Unravel me - Tahereh Mafi
2. Reached - Ally Condie
3. The Kitchen House - Kathleen Grissom - Read
4. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher - Read
5. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
6. Whats Left of Me - Kat Zhang
7. Across the Universe - Beth Revis - Currently Reading
8. Through the Ever Night - Veronica Rossi - Read
9. Requiem - Lauren Oliver
10. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
11. Kobato vol. 5 - CLAMP
12. Kobato vol. 6 - CLAMP
There is an overkill of dystopia on here, I know. But I started a lot of series in 2012 and I really want to read the sequels or finish the series this year. Same goes for Kobato, which is manga. Those are the last two of the series :) I might use this month to add Dutch books from another wishlist on my phone, but for now this is it.
I hope everyone will have a lot of fun with the challenge :) I am looking forwards to seeing your lists!