Monday, March 26, 2012

Book Review: Crossed by Ally Condie

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Genre: Dystopian, YA
Subject: Alternate society, Romance
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Release date: November, 2011
Length: 367 pages
I got this book: Borrowed it from the library

Summary:
From Goodreads:
"Rules Are Different Outside The Society

Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.
Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever."

Personal opinion:
This book is the second book in a trilogy. I hope I I heard from other people that this book wasn't that good, that it was slow and that it left you were it finished at the end of the first book in this series. I have to disagree on all these points. I loved reading this book and I finished it in one sitting. It is true that this book is more character based than story driven but even so, there is still enough happening. The character development of Cassia is done really well and we get to know Ky better. We also learn some things about Xander all though his role in this book isn't that grand. I liked where the story is going and I can't wait to read the final book in this series!


I liked it!

Purchase links: Amazon
Challenges: Magical March Challenge, Dystopia 2012 Challenge, Wishlist Challenge
Other reviews: My review from Matched, the previous book from this series.
If you have reviewed this book and want your link here, please leave a comment with the link, and I will add it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment