Monday, January 24, 2011

Foodies reading challenge sign-up!

This will be my sign-up post for the foodie's reading challenge. This challenge is a reading challenge hosted by Margot. The purpose is to explore the world of good food writing. Since I love food & reading, this is a challenge to my heart and I am meaning to do some serious food reading! This is also a chance for me to read and review some lunch & bento related cookbooks for She Likes Bento, my other blog.

I hope to reach the level of a Glutton, which means I have to read 12 or more books in this genre. But it can be anything food related from cookbooks to novels. It doesn't matter really, as long as it is about food. I have made a good start on this and have found some interesting books, I would love to read. I will be including a few bento books and I want to include some food related manga as well. But it will depend on which books I can get my hands on since I mostly read through the library, bookcrossing or buying used books. A list of books will be added here as soon as I know, read or have reviewed the books.

What I have read:
Face food by Christopher D. Salyers
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Runaway by Wendelin van Draanen
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Hawaii's Bento Box Cookbook by Susan Yuen
Life from Scratch by Melissa Ford
Ravenous by Dayna Macy
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Fresh & Fast Vegetarian by Marie Simmons
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender 
Vegan Family Meals by Ann Gentry
The Vegetarian Student Cookbook
Quick-Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Uniflame. It's one challenge too many for me. But you're more of a foodie so I'm sure you'll manage it.

    ReplyDelete