Thursday, January 27, 2011

About school and challenges

Yesterday was another school day for me and we started on a new theme. Our lessons are build up in theme's which have an A and a B lesson. The theme we started with now is "Line". The previous theme's were Energy, Tone, Color and Shape. One of the things we had to do was to draw 2 lines on paper with black pencil and analyse how they react to each other. We had to add some more lines later and then color the piece with soft pastels. In the 2nd part of the exercise we had to color with oil pastels and add black pencil lines later. It is a way to compare different methods to create a piece of work.The picture above is from the first part of the exercise.

Even though I don't have any other completed creative projects to show yet, it doesn't mean I haven't been busy :) I am currently working on my February page for the Art Calendar Challenge and hope to complete it today or tomorrow.

For the foodie's reading challenge I have started to "read" Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I say "read" because I am actually listening to an audio book. This is the first time for me to listen to an audio book and I found out, I can only do so when I am really tired and laying in bed. Liked a bed-time story is read to me. I am now on CD 4 from 12, and I LOVE it so far. So hopefully more on this soon :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to what differences you noticed between the different parts of the experiences, both in the feeling you had while doing it, as well as the end results, compared to each other :3

    en die roze letters onderaan,is dat nu je nieuwe signature? :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much yet... by the 2nd part of the exercise I was so tired that I could only think of how tired I was. We had to use an intensive technique with the oil pastels, which I rather try again smaller and at home, where I can rest afterwards.

    And.. yup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and the second part of the question.. different feeling if you look at the end results..? =3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one better. See the statement of being tired ;) That is why the second appeals less to me. I didn't put as much energy in it as in the first.

    ReplyDelete