Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Book Review: Cat Versus Human by Yasmine Surovec

Title: Cat Versus Human
Author: Yasmine Surovec
Genre: Graphic Novel
Subject: Cats
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Release date: October 4th, 2011
Length: 152 pages
I got this book: For review through NetGalley

Summary:
From Goodreads:
"Yasmine Surovec began sketching her clever and sarcastic Cat Versus Human cartoons as a way to relax and unwind. Soon, her popular blog at catversushuman.blogspot.com began receiving as many as 12,000 hits per day, with a number of posts going viral and appearing on popular Web sites such as The Huffington Post and I Can Has Cheezburger. Now, a selection of 100 Cat Versus Human strips--many never previously published--can be found inside this inaugural collection of Cat Versus Human."

Personal opinion:
When I saw this book on NetGalley, I just had to request it. I love cats and I wouldn't miss the opportunity to review a funny books about cats. I would describe this as a coffee table book, or as we have in Holland, a toilet humor book. It is a fun book to dip into and read a few comics. Some comics are spot on and made me laugh out loud, while others I didn't really get. As for the drawing style... it isn't really my thing. I don't mind simple drawings and I can't really lay my finger on it why I don't really like her drawing style, but I just don't really. Maybe it is because some of it is rather dark humor and thus illustrated in such a way. Still I enjoyed reading the book and it did make my laugh. A book for every cat owner and there is some doggy love in there as well. It would keep me entertained if I found it on someone's coffee table :)


It was okay.

Purchase links: Amazon
Other reviews: None Yet
If you have reviewed this book and want your link here, please leave a comment with the link, and I will add it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment