Saturday, April 21, 2012

24-hour Read-a-thon start post! :)


It’s time to start the 24 Hour Read-a-thon again! More than 300 book lovers all over the world will be reading as much as they can within 24 hours. Everyone starts at the same time, 8am EST, which is 2pm for me here in the Netherlands. This is my 3rd time participating and I am planning to have a lot of fun!

Before the Read-a-thon starts I am planning to do some baking and write a Read-a-thon related Weekend Cooking post! Look on my other blog She Likes Bento for that later!

This is what I am planning to read:


The Potential Hazards of Hester Day: A Novel by Mercedes Helnwein
The Resistance by Gemma Malley
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Other than that I will also be reading in a book about the painter Hundertwasser for school. The book has to go back to the library soon and I want to finish it before that time. But it is a book, so it counts :D

I will be updating this post during the day with mini challenges and related things :) I hope that everyone will have a lot of fun during the Read-a-thon! PS: I am also on twitter: Uniflame, come and find me :)

Edit: Mini challenge Hour 1 - Introduction:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? 
The Netherlands - Europe
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The resistance, because I loved the first book from that series!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? 
I have made Cauliflower Pizza Bites. (Recipe here), but I also have some cookies and other nice snacks. Also looking forward to Smoothies!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! 
I will be having company from 4 cats during my reading, as soon as I am on the couch one or two will lay themselves down with me (or on me!). My BF is very kind to cook today so I can spend all the time reading. However because of my poor health I will be sleeping during the night.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I just roll with it :)

Edit: Hour 6
I finished the Hester Day book and am now about halfway through the Resistance.

And here are some relevant pictures from today:


My reading spot before I started the readathon.


How my cat stole my spot! =O


12 comments:

  1. Have fun with the readathon, Uniflame! I'll be reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, Uniflame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun while the Read-a-thon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! See you on twitter :) I'll be cheering you there! *\o/*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a blast today! Shiver is pretty good, and a good choice for the readathon. The writing is just beautiful! And those snacks sounds YUMMY! Anyways, don't be afraid to take a break today, because it'll help you, since you'll be feeling refreshed and it'll be easier to keep reading! Good luck, and have fun today!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life [Team Puck!]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are these all the translated versions? Fantastic books, have fun reading!

    Dee, cheering for Team Puck from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just roll with it is sound advice! Have an awesome readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am having an awesome time! :) Reading a hilarious book and eating pizza :D How's your going? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CHEERS!

    Did you get your spot back? It looked so comfy!!

    Have fun!

    NovaReylin @ Crtmusings.com [Cheer Team: Puck]

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a nice comfy spot for reading. I've been multitasking and listening to audio today.

    ReplyDelete