Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Title: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Genre: YA
Subject: Music, Romance, Dealing with grief
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Release date: April, 2011
Length: 264 pages
I got this book: Borrowed it from the library

Summary:
From Goodreads:
"It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance."

Personal opinion:
When I read If I stay earlier in 2011, I really wanted to read Where She Went to see how it continued. However our Dutch library didn't have it until late 2011, so I had to wait quite some time. Luckily, I still remembered how the story went, so I could pick it right up. At the beginning I didn't really like that the book was written from Adams point of view. Was this weak boy really the same guy from the first book? No he clearly wasn't because a lot had changed. When the book continued more becomes clear what happened in the past between when Mia woke up and the point they are now. While not written from Mia's point of view, we still get to experience a lot from her side of the story as well as Adams. The further I got in, the more I loved this book. It gives a nice impression of what grief can do to you and how people deal with it differently to survive.


I really liked it!

Purchase links: Amazon
Other reviews: My review from If I Stay.
If you have reviewed this book and want your link here, please leave a comment with the link, and I will add it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment