This is the second year that Margot of Joyfully Retired hosts this challenge. It is for everyone who loves food and to read at the same time :)
Here is how the challenge works: (copied from the blog)
1. Decide how many food books you want to read in 2012. Pick one of the reading levels below. Remember, this is a challenge, so try pushing yourself. Participants from last year, please notice I’ve pushed the numbers up a bit. Levels:
Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books
Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19
2. Grab the challenge button and write a post on your blog so we can spread the word. No blog? That’s okay. Sign up in the comments section.
3. After you read each book for the challenge, come back here and tell us about it. On January 1st I’ll provide pages so you can post links for your reviews. We’ll use the same categories as last year: Cookbooks, Memoirs/Biographies, Fiction, and Nonfiction. I’ll also include a page where you link up your Challenge Wrap-Up post.
The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2012.
You don’t need a pre-selected list of books.
It’s okay to cross over with other challenges.
Any book format is allowed (print, audio, ebook)
Sign Up Here: at the Foodies Read 2 blog.
I will join in at the highest level again which means I will have to read more than 19 books. Because you may also include cookbooks, this is doable for me. The food novels will be reviewed here and the cookbooks on my other blog She Likes Bento. In fact I am reviewing a cookbook there today! So if you are curious, hop over to check it out! I also have read The Kitchen Daughter already and I have borrowed The School of Essential Ingredients from the library. So look forward to reviews of those in the next Weekend Cooking posts :)
- The Rabbit Food Cookbook - Read
- The Kitchen Daughter - Read
- The School of Essential Ingredients - Read
- Papinette - Read
- Everyday Happy Herbivore - Read
- Home Made Winter - Read
- Veggie Burgers Every Which Way - Read
- The Colour of Milk - Read
- Healthy in a Hurry - Read
- Best Veggie Burgers Around the World - Currently Reading
- 500 Vegan Dishes - Read
- The Restaurant of Love Regained - Read
9 more to go.
Will you be joining the Foodies Reading Challenge?
This post is part of Weekend Cooking. Make sure you check out what other participants are up to, and maybe you will find the perfect book to start off your Foodies Reading Challenge with :)