Sunday, October 23, 2011

Readathon Continued + Wrap Up


So I am back after a good night sleep for more reading and cheering. I will be updating my progress during the day :)

Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now?
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
2. How many books have you read so far?
Two
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Cheering the people on who still haven't slept :) 
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Yup! It turned out that many friends wanted to meet up with me on this day, so I really had to keep my calender free. 
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I just slept for 8 hours, but that was my only interruption. It was wonderful <3
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
The amount of spam in the #readathon hashtag line. Not cool! 
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
More promotion beforehand :) And please... because it is a global event and you promote it as such, make all prizes international. It is no fun to be excluded.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I liked what I did this year as a reader, I picked easy books :) I would like to host a mini challenge next time :)
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nope! Just woke up and well rested.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Personal comments go a long way :) That way you show people that you are really interested in their progress.

Pet challenge
My cats always curl up with me when I go sit in my comfy chair. It doesn't matter if it is for reading or watching TV, when I go sit there it takes about 2 minutes before one of my 4 cats have found me. 1 cat isn't really a problem, but sometimes they come with 2 or even all 4!


Here are two cats hindering me while reading. My BF took this picture. I am on the left of the cats and they are laying on my outstretched legs.

End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
It was hour 12 or 13. I was sick the whole day, but then I started to feel bad, so went to sleep.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Dystopia books can be really good. I really like Matched by Ally Condie. 
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
See the mid-event meme ;) 
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
That the cheer squads were sorted by letters of readers and not by hours. 
5. How many books did you read?
Three
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine, The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams and The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I actually all gave them 4 stars for different reasons. But I think the Chosen One.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed them all.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Personal comments go a long way. Like I said before ;) I am not the cheery kind of cheerleader but I like to check in on people and react to what they are doing :) 
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Sure! I am in! Probably doing both again, and hosting a mini challenge sounds like fun too. 

Total reading time: about 12 hours
Total cheering time + challenges: about 2 hours

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those cats! Well, they're nice company even if they're in the way.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your cats-they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cats are adorable! I fell asleep before the pet mini challange doh! She was my personal cheerleader through the challenge too!

    ReplyDelete