Saturday, May 8, 2010

Butterfly mosaic

This was my Mothers day project. My mom collects butterflies and I decided that for my first project at the hobby center I'm part of would be a mosaic butterfly. I only did mosaic once before. I made a unicorn tile then. I loved doing it and now it was the same :) Here are some WIP pictures (taken with my iPhone) and the final result :)

I did choose a wooden butterfly as a base and I chose warm colors to work with.I drew a pattern on the wood to follow.



I used some glass stones for the body. Here the butterfly was ready to add the cement.


I don't have any pictures from the progress since it was very messy XD But here is the final result:


I am going to give it to my mom tomorrow. It took me 5 times to finish it, that is about 15 hours. You have to have patience. It is like a puzzle, you have to make the pieces fit. Unlike a puzzle you can adjust the pieces you are working with though, but I am not very adapt with that yet.

1 comment: