Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WOYWW: Take a look inside my smashbook


A while ago I came across a creative meme that is called What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. It is all about showing what is going on on your workdesk and is hosted by Julia from Stamping Ground. I really like participating, because it is an easy way to show you what I have been working on, and it is fun to visit some other participants :)

This week I worked on my smashbook again for the first time since Valentines. I started a smashbook to do more with the snailmail I receive. Last week you could already see that I decorate my living room door with my cards. But after that they often ended up in boxes. So I thought it would be more fun to collect the postcards in a booklet together with little bits and pieces. This does mean I sometimes cut things up to make them fit :) The first 3 spreads I did earlier in the year but the latter 3 I did in the past week. I have more pages in the book, but I didn't have pictures of them all.

The front I decorated with a fun drawing I got from a friend of mine when I had a concussion, a few years back. I thought it was a fun thing to put on the cover :)



I once got snailmail with a ladybug theme and I filled the first 3 pages of my book with that. I love snailmails with a theme because then you easily can fit it nicely together :)

 This I put together after Valentines, with all kind of things I got over the past years :)


Last week in the Summer of Color the theme was purple and lime green, so I used that as an inspiration for two new pages :)

After that I ended up with a green and yellow page :) The little ducks I had in my stash of images.


And these pages I made with some frog themed snailmail I got recently. I honestly have more snailmail then I can ever hope to fit in this book, and I work not so often on it as I would like. But it is fun and relaxing to do :) Hopefully I can do a bit more over the summer :)

8 comments:

  1. It's a nice way to gather your mail..I love how so far you can manage themed colours, that really does prove how much you have! It's no different to my scrapbooking theory really - I won't ever manage to use all the photos...just the few that inspire me really, they end up in albums, the rest are still in shoeboxes or on the computer. But it's OK, because what I am making, I'm enjoying - we think alike here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik plakte vroeger ook alle kaarten die ik kreeg in een album (gewoon 'simpel', met alleen de afzender naam erbij) en het is altijd nog een groot plezier om die albums door te bladeren! Jouw pagina's zien er prachtig uit!!! Happy woyww. Marit #101

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great scapbook. Lovely to keep all your mail together like that.
    Happy WOYWW and I wish you a lovely week.
    xx Monique #74

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous artwork- love all the mail. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #41 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Smash book - I've never tried one of those :-)
    Wonderful cartoon from your friend - so funny.
    Happy WOYWW

    IKE x #30

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great book and a great way of keeping all those lovely things you want to keep. I love your colourful pages so pretty
    Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #52

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is the joy of smashbooks, you can use stuff that you want to keep, because you want to keep it and for no other reason, yours is so pretty and colourful. Happy WOYWW from Annette #4

    ReplyDelete