Monday, September 10, 2012

Book Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Genre: Dystopian
Subject: Virtual reality, survival
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release date: January 2012
Length: 376 pages
I got this book: Borrowed it from the library

Summary:
From Goodreads:
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim. Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive. If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers"

Personal opinion:
I picked this book up at the library after reading a review on Craving Pages. This book was unknown to me before but it turned out this was just what I needed to get out of my reading slump. I read this book in 2 sittings or so because it grabbed me and it didn't let go until I finished it. The book is quite original overall. It is written well and even though dystopian books are the hype, this book manages to keep things fresh. I loved the pace of the book, because it had a nice mix between character development and plot driven action. Of course the love story is a bit predictable but that is the only "fault" I can spot in this book. The ending was quite satisfying. It ties things up nicely while still giving something to look forward to in the next book. I had some troubles sometimes with the way things were translated in the Duitch copy I had. So I do recommend to read this book in the original language if you have the chance. I will probably pick it up in the future and read it again before I move on to the next part of the series when it gets released.


Purchase links: The Book Depository
Challenges: Dystopian Challenge, What's in a name.
Other reviews: Craving Pages (in Dutch)
If you have reviewed this book and want your link here, please leave a comment with the link, and I will add it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment