Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekly Slice of Life - Week 13 - 2012

This is a thing I decided to do to keep the blog more alive. Every week I will post some personal highs and lows. Things that kept me busy and other random snippets of my life. This is because I don't always have enough time to read and I don't only want to post when I have a book review to share. So I hope you will all enjoy this personal touch to my blog.

I read:
The Wilderness by Samantha Harvey. It is a book about someone with Alzheimer's disease and who tries to keep his memories alive. I picked this one up because it sounded interesting and it can count towards the what's in a name challenge :) I only read 1 chapter so far, so I can't say if I like it just yet.

Weekly song:
I got the new album of a Dutch duo that is called Acda en de Munnik. I have been playing it since Thursday. This is currently my favorite song from the album, a song about Amsterdam. I don't really like Amsterdam at all, but the song is just really nice and pretty. But it is in Dutch, so be warned ;)



Favorite recipe:
This have to be the Taco Muffins I made for Bloggiesta. Look on my other blog, She Likes Bento, for the recipe! :)

Something pretty:
Spring Blossoms! When I was walking outside I already saw some trees carrying blossoms.

Source: WeHeartIt.com

I watched:
Extremely loud and incredibly close. A movie about a kid with Asperger's syndrome and how he deals with 9/11. Very impressive! Here is the trailer for you to enjoy :)


I am grateful for:
All the help and interaction I experienced during the bloggiesta event :)

I played/created:
Not much to tell on this area. I have been sketching a bit but I didn't make any big projects.
I did play Angry birds in space on my iPhone but I am stuck now ;)

Things I have done:
Of course I participated in Bloggiesta. I reserved the whole weekend for that so I didn't really do other stuff. Earlier in the week, my friend Immi came to visit and we just hung out and such. On Monday the hairdresser came to dye my hair!

I am happy about:
My new look! :)




In the upcoming week I plan:
To hang out with Immi again for a short while on Tuesday, a full school day on Wednesday, and counselling on Friday. Hopefully I find a spot this week to make some coconut ice cream!

Q: What things did you do last week? Any highlights?

5 comments:

  1. I really like this new feature on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope that I can keep coming up with fun stuff to post and having a format makes it easier because then I can already add bits and pieces during the week :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Judith, very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a good week. I really need to watch EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE soon!

    ReplyDelete