Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? (4)

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

I had a tough reading week and I didn't have much time to read at all in fact. I did manage to finish the Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen and I read xxxHolic vol.1 by CLAMP for the Hello Japan Challenge. I started in Skyward by Mary Alice Monroe but it is though going and I haven't managed to finish it yet. The book has 448 pages and that is a lot for me, and I can feel that it is too long for me in this case. But since it is an ARC, I feel more obligated to finish it. Also because I am already 270 pages in the book. I did however start with another book as well: the Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender, which I borrowed from the library.

I also got another book in that is about drawing plants and flowers in mandalas. I had this on my wishlist for quite some time and I was able to get it with a gift certificate.

On the bento blog I posted an easy lunch idea: Ciabatta with avocado, mozzarella and tomatoes.

This week I plan to finish both Skyward and the Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. I hope that I will manage that since I have another busy week ahead of me. I have only 2 more weeks till school is out and I have to work on my end presentation and some other homework still. I hope your reading weeks will be less busy!

What are you reading this week?

9 comments:

  1. I just checked and my library hasn't got Lemon Cake - I cannot even get it from their linked libraries. Hmm!

    It looks like you've got some great books, though. If a book seems too much, give up on it. There are so many other good books out there!

    Have fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to Skyward, since I've enjoyed other books by Mary Alice Monroe. Hope you enjoy it, too.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, about the obligation to finish a long book when it's an ARC. Hopefully you can get into it so it breezes right through for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lemon Cake looks good - what a great title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skyward is on my list, I got it via NetGalley but the length kept me from picking it up last week, and this week I've got deadlines. It does look good though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drawing mandala flowers sounds both relaxing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read the Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake! I am looking forward to your review!


    http://quixoticmagpie.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake on my wishlist. This coming week is my last week off before summer session. I have a few books I want to finish before school begins. Come see what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed The Girl Who Chased the Moon! It was such a quick, enchanting read. I have Garden Spells standing by, waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete