Sunday, February 27, 2011

Library Loot and in My Mailbox

I decided to blog about the books I got in the past week, since I don't know if I can read them all on short notice and I wanted to share them anyway :) I will be doing this through 2 events that are going around: Library Loot and in My Mailbox. In my Mailbox can also include library books but I prefer to separate it myself. The library can use some more attention anyway since the libraries might disappear all together, if it would be up to the Dutch government. Or at least the smaller ones, which would mean for me that I won't be able to get library books any more. Anyway enough about that, lets continue to the books I got :)

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
My Library Loot is mostly Dutch, since those books are easier to come by in my small local library.

These are: A blue butterfly bids farewell by Sophie van der Stap. A Dutch author but translated in English too. It is the book that comes after The girl with nine wigs, where Sophie fought against cancer and this book is about what you do when you suddenly got your life back.
The middle book is in Dutch only. It is a book about someone who lives with ME/CFS. It is interesting for me because I have CFS myself and I never read a book on the subject before. This book probably only will be mentioned here now because it isn't much use to review it if it is only in Dutch. I have started in this book, but have put it aside for now. Not because I don't like it, but because it can be rather confronting.
The last book I got is My life with George by Judith Summers. I am currently reading this for the animal related reading challenge.

I also got some books in my mailbox :)

In my Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by the Story Siren.

I bought a used copy of the power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Someone from my class recommended this to me. She had it in Dutch but the English version was more within my budget. Besides I actually prefer to read in English. I also got Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail by Malika Oufkir as a gift from Miertje on Bookcrossing.

I also got some ebooks through netGalley. I joined last week and I got some instant downloads. This is great because I can read those books on my iPhone. I got the following books:
A dog named Slugger by Leigh Brill
I am Tama, Lucky Cat by Wendy Henrichs
Life from Scratch by Melissa Ford
Sweetie by Kathryn Magendie
Vegan Family Meals by Ann Gentry

At least I won't be bored ;) But I am a slow reader, so it will probably take me a good while ;) Luckily I can keep my library books for up to 4 weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment