Thursday, April 9, 2009

My own stationary

So I really like getting mail, as in the one you get from the mailman ;) I recently joined a Dutch letter community to send and get mail. Since I am getting tired of getting only bills in the mail and it is a nice way to brighten someones day :)

But since there isnt much stationary out there anymore, or for rediculous prices, I deceided to make my own!

Spring001

Butterfly001

For some reason the lines on the previews look odd, please click on them for bigger ;)

For myself I need to have lines on the paper or else it will get all over the place. However the lines are a bit of a problem to do in photoshop. It is a real hassle to get them on the same distance and make them equally long. I know I havent succeeded at that completly. So I would like to get tips on this subject please ^^ There must be an easier way to do this.

If I am getting better at making them, I might give them away to others or maybe charge a little for them. I never owned a shop and I have no idea how somethingl ike that would work. I love being creative but I dont have much money to actually buy supplies. I now shop at cheap places but it would be great if I could afford some nice scarpbooking paper for example. But before I can actually sell anything of my own, I need to get better first and also make some sort of promotion. It might be that I keep them free anyway... just having some random thoughts here. I could of course also make them without the lines, not everyone needs them I guess ;)

If you want to use these for some reason, feel free to do so. These arent very good anyway ;)

4 comments:

  1. I would say that it's not just the lines that look weird, I would say that the entire images look weird in a VERY invisible kind of way. LOL And now you've made me curious so I would really love to see your stationary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the thing is that I can see the images in firefox but not in Internet Explorer. And there is nothing wrong with the HTML code, I already checked, trice.

    I noticed a few days already that when I update in IE that I cant switch to different modes. So I think it is just an IE thing I cant do anything about :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's not just an IE thing because I just started up Firefox to check and I can't see them ether either. When I follow the link to Photobucket I can see the thumbnails to the right but not the bigger pictures and it works the same in both IE and Firefox. I wonder if you can see them because you've got them in your cache? It would be interesting to hear if it's just me. Maybe it's an Annefia problem? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see them and I am on Firefox.

    They look very nice to me. I like the butterflies the best.

    I am not much of a whiz at Photoshop and am much better in Illustrator but not an expert at all. This is something I would use Illustrator to do if it were me. I think it might be easier to line everything up because there is a special tool for that.

    ReplyDelete