Sunday, March 24, 2013

#Bloggiesta Finish Line


I have been part of the Bloggiesta party for most of the weekend, and while I started out with the plan to focus mainly on writing posts, things didn't turn out that way and I spend way more time on doing those typical Bloggiesta things. I did wrote a total of 6 posts though, and one of them was published by accident ;)

Anyway here is the stuff I did manage to do on my 2 blogs, this one and She Likes Bento:

Small Stuff:
- Back up blogs
- Remove cookbook challenge button (SLB) from sidebar and clean up sidebars
- Add favicons
- Install English spelling control in my browser (only had Dutch, but it seems you can't have both on at the same time)
- Make a bloggiesta grocery list
- Update copyright notices
- Update UC review page for 2013
- Update review policy

Larger things:
- Think what I want to do with this blog (make it more personal, so I will update more often..? You can read the outcome of that here.
- Make a "She Likes Bento" map on Pinterest and pin all the recipes from my blog.
- Go through my bloglovin'. Read some of those over 1600 posts, and sort out which blogs I still want to follow.
- Clean out my inbox - Still In Progress. I started out with about 750 mails, about 400 remain.

And something I did not plan on was making About me pages for my blogs. In the twitter chat this Saturday, everyone said About pages is the first thing a visitor looks for and a big part of the choice to follow a blog or not. I never knew that! Because honestly I don't. I look if I like what I person writes about first and get to know a person second. So I never realised that what I am reading blogs isn't how the majority of the people do it. Anyway, I have an About me page now!

Write posts:
- Lemonies recipe (SLB)
- Review "Pompoenenboekje" plus recipe pumpkin lasagna (SLB)
- Tomato Clafoutis recipe (SLB)
- Mexican Spoonbread recipe (SLB)
- Book review: Speechless (UC)

Mini Challenges:
- Through a visitors eye - Part one is good to go - and that is all I did ;)
- StumbleUpon

I didn't do so well on the mini challenges, all though technically I decluttered my sidebars too, but that was part of my original plan. It was not that they were not interesting, but it is is all about the fact that I didn't want to create much extra work for myself at this point in time. That is why I decided not to participate in the Book Depository Affiliate challenge or the review in many place challenge.

I also joined the twitterchat on Saturday and I might join the Sunday one that is still need to happen, but that one starts 10PM my time, so I am not sure.

Anyway, I am quite happy about what I did this Bloggiesta but a bit sad that I wasn't as focussed as on my previous ones so that I still have a lot of posts to write. But I guess that is just the way it is ;) I had fun though and maybe I will see you tonight while chatting, and if not, hopefully I will see you around ;)


8 comments:

  1. Wow you managed to get a lot of stuff done!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! You've evaluated what you want your blog to be about and how you want to do it. That's the key....enjoy.

    Here's MY BLOGGIESTA FINISH LINE POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressed! You really went for it. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have written posts this bloggiesta. I'm always jealous of the bloggers that get any posts written! You got a ton of small stuff done, too. Way to go! And your about me page is cute. I wouldn't have known you had a food blog without it! I'm going to check that out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot done this Bloggiesta, well done! I took part in the Stumble Upon challenge too, and now it's my new favourite time-sucker, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your whimsical and pretty blog. I'm finally getting around to visiting Bloggiesta finish line posts and great job on getting your tasks accomplished. You have me curious about your cookbook challenge and I always have backing up blogs on my goals and always forget to do it. Here's my goal/update post. http://momssmallvictories.com/bloggiesta-2013-goals/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting so much done. :)

    ReplyDelete