I have been part of the Bloggiesta party for most of the weekend, and while I started out with the plan to focus mainly on writing posts, things didn't turn out that way and I spend way more time on doing those typical Bloggiesta things. I did wrote a total of 6 posts though, and one of them was published by accident ;)
Anyway here is the stuff I did manage to do on my 2 blogs, this one and She Likes Bento:
- Back up blogs
- Remove cookbook challenge button (SLB) from sidebar and clean up sidebars
- Add favicons
- Install English spelling control in my browser (only had Dutch, but it seems you can't have both on at the same time)
- Make a bloggiesta grocery list
- Update copyright notices
- Update UC review page for 2013
- Update review policy
- Think what I want to do with this blog (make it more personal, so I will update more often..? You can read the outcome of that here.
- Make a "She Likes Bento" map on Pinterest and pin all the recipes from my blog.
- Go through my bloglovin'. Read some of those over 1600 posts, and sort out which blogs I still want to follow.
- Clean out my inbox - Still In Progress. I started out with about 750 mails, about 400 remain.
And something I did not plan on was making About me pages for my blogs. In the twitter chat this Saturday, everyone said About pages is the first thing a visitor looks for and a big part of the choice to follow a blog or not. I never knew that! Because honestly I don't. I look if I like what I person writes about first and get to know a person second. So I never realised that what I am reading blogs isn't how the majority of the people do it. Anyway, I have an About me page now!
- Lemonies recipe (SLB)
- Review "Pompoenenboekje" plus recipe pumpkin lasagna (SLB)
- Tomato Clafoutis recipe (SLB)
- Mexican Spoonbread recipe (SLB)
- Book review: Speechless (UC)
- Through a visitors eye - Part one is good to go - and that is all I did ;)
I didn't do so well on the mini challenges, all though technically I decluttered my sidebars too, but that was part of my original plan. It was not that they were not interesting, but it is is all about the fact that I didn't want to create much extra work for myself at this point in time. That is why I decided not to participate in the Book Depository Affiliate challenge or the review in many place challenge.
I also joined the twitterchat on Saturday and I might join the Sunday one that is still need to happen, but that one starts 10PM my time, so I am not sure.
Anyway, I am quite happy about what I did this Bloggiesta but a bit sad that I wasn't as focussed as on my previous ones so that I still have a lot of posts to write. But I guess that is just the way it is ;) I had fun though and maybe I will see you tonight while chatting, and if not, hopefully I will see you around ;)