Saturday, November 24, 2012

Wishlist Challenge Wrap Up post


I participated in the Wishlist Challenge hosted by Leeswammes this year. Where the goal was to read 1 book each month from your wishlist (12 for the year).

My original list was this one:

1) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Read & Reviewed
2) The Kitchen Daughter by Jeal McHenry - Read & Reviewed
3) Crossed by Ally Condie - Read & Reviewed
4) Among Others by Jo Walton - Chose as prize from bloggiesta
5) Eve by Anna Carey - Read & Reviewed
6) When She Woke by Hillary Jordan - Read & Reviewed
7) Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams
8) Orchards by Holly Thompson - Bought
9) Bitter Melon by Cara Chow
10) Season to Taste by Molly Birnbaum
11) Chi's Sweet Home vol.3 by Kanata Konami - Read & Reviewed
12) With the Light vol.5 by Keiko Tobe

As you can see I have finished 6 books of my orignal list. 2 of them I actually own, but I haven't read yet. (there is still time!) and the other 4 I wasn't able to get because they weren't at the library and too expensive to buy. (I don't buy that many books). Luckily you were allowed to use your whole wishlist as long as it was from before 2012 and I made a list of reserves. So lets see if I made 12 books!

1) Where She Went by Gayle Forman - Read & Reviewed
2) Left Neglected by Lisa Genova - Read & Reviewed
3) Grace Williams Says it Loud by Emma Henderson - Read (dnf) & Reviewed
4) Chocolat by Joanne Harris - Read (review to come)
5) Kobato vol 3 by CLAMP - Read (review to come)
6) Kobato vol 4 by CLAMP - Read (review to come)

I barely managed to finish but I did it! To me the key was to set up a selection of my wishlist on the blog and choose from there mainly but not stick to it if you can't make it and switch in other books from your larger wishlist. It does help that my wishlist is huge! My current new wishlist is around 250 books ;) All though I plan to sort it out and see if I still actually want to read all those books ;) It also helped me to read a lot of those books in the beginning of the year when your choices are still new and fresh :)



1 comment:

  1. Well done for finishing the challenge! Although I was the originator I never got very far. Other books got in the way...

    So, honor and glory for you!

    ReplyDelete