Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Joining the Magical March Challenge


Adam from Roof Beam Reader is hosting this challenge and because I have some Fantasy books on my shelves that are still unread, I will join this challenge.

Here is the info from Adams blog:

Throughout the month of March, a Mister Linky will be available for pre-registered challengers to link-up their qualifying reviews. There are different “classes” of magician, outlined below, and completion of the various levels could earn you a prize!

Rules:

- You must register with the Mister Linky below prior to March 5th in order to be eligible to participate.
- You must read only “new” books – meaning, no re-reads are allowed. Books for other challenges can be cross-used for this one, but you must read the book and review it in the month of March (previously completed books for other challenges do not qualify).
- You must link up each book review to a separate Mister Linky, which will be available on March 5th (once registrations close).
- Challengers must post on their blog an “Announcement” post, indicating they are participating in this challenge and which level they hope to attain. One completer from each “Class” will be randomly selected to win the corresponding prize for that level.
- You do not need to meet your level in order to win a prize. If you aim for “Grand Merlin Class” but only achieve “Magician’s Class,” you will still be entered into the Magician’s Prize Pool!
- You do not need to list your books in advance, but I plan on doing so (to keep me motivated and to help me stay organized).
- Any Fantasy, Science Fiction, or Magical Realism books will qualify. This means you can read Young Adult, Dystopian, Steampunk, or Alternative Histories.

Other:

*There will be “Weekly Wand Mini-Challenges” posted on each Saturday of the month. These could be trivia challenges, random tasks, blogger treasure hunts, etc. Winners of each challenge will earn a Wand, and those Wands will be tracked to be entered to win another magical prize!

**Ebooks & Audiobooks are acceptable.

The Levels:

Magician’s Class: 1-2 Books Read & Reviewed 1 Book $10 or Less
Sorcerer’s Class: 3-5 Books Read & Reviewed 1 Book $12 or Less
Wizard’s Class: 6-7 Books Read & Reviewed 1 Book $15 or Less
Grand Merlin Class: 8+ Books Read & Reviewed 1+ Book(s) $20 or Less

I will be aiming for the Sorcerer's Class and this is what I plan to read:
1) A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett - Read
2) Wintersmith - Terry Pratchett
3) The Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
4) Some books of the Spiderwick Chronicles series - Read all 5

It could be that some dystopia comes through it, depending on when my books that are on hold at the library come through. I have two on hold and if they come through, I will read those first.

And this has happened that is why I read:
5) Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Read
6) Crossed by Ally Condie - Read

With currently 6 books read from this list, I made it to the Wizard's Class!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're joining us!!

    I've got The Golden Compass on my 2012 TBR Pile Challenge list, so if there's time - I might read it in March so I can count it toward both challenges.

    ReplyDelete