Thursday, November 24, 2011

Wishlist Challenge 2012

Judith at Leeswammes hosts a wishlist challenge in 2012. I had my doubts if I wanted to sign up for this, because I have no idea if I can get the books I want. I am mostly depending on my library because I can hardly afford to buy any books, but here I am, doing it anyway ;)


So here’s the wishlist challenge:

Read 12 books (one for every month of the year) that you would like to read, but don’t already have on your shelves.

Rules

1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2012 to December 31st, 2012.

2. You are to read 12 books from your current wishlist. If you don’t have a list anywhere, write down books that you are eager to read, that you don’t own yet, and choose 12 books off that list.

3. If you can’t find a book that’s on your wishlist (your library doesn’t have it, or you don’t want/can’t buy it) then you can use another book. But: you are not allowed to include any NEWLY added books for this challenge. So, whatever your list is now, that’s it.

I.e. you can’t read amazing things about a book on someone else’s blog, decide you want to read it, then read it for the Wishlist Challenge. The opposite is true: you want to read something for the Wishlist Challenge, so you go to your wishlist, find a book that was on that wishlist before January 1st, 2012, and read it for the challenge.

4. You can overlap with other challenges, as long as you read books that were on your wishlist before January 1st, 2012.

5. Sign up here by leaving a comment with a link to your announcement post for this challenge. I will then add it to the linky list below.

6. When you’ve read your 12 books, come back here and leave a comment with a link to your final post about the challenge. Make sure you’ve done this by January 15th, 2013

I have a wishlist on Goodreads with loads of books on them that called out to me at the time (but some not anymore, I need to clean it out.) and I picked out 12 for this challenge.

My List:
1) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Read
2) The Kitchen Daughter by Jeal McHenry - Read
3) Crossed by Ally Condie - Read
4) Among Others by Jo Walton - Chose as prize from bloggiesta
5) Eve by Anna Carey - Read
6) When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
7) Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams
8) Orchards by Holly Thompson
9) Bitter Melon by Cara Chow
10) Season to Taste by Molly Birnbaum
11) Chi's Sweet Home vol.3 by Kanata Konami - Read
12) With the Light vol.5 by Keiko Tobe

Reserves:
Because I cannot get everything in the library and I know I can get these, they will be my stand ins, if I can't get certain books. These were already on my wishlist though.
1) Where She Went by Gayle Forman - Read
2) Left Neglected by Lisa Genova -Read
3) Grace Willams Says it Loud -Read (DNF)

Read 4 more

I have honestly no idea if I will make it because I only read about one or two books a week and then it can be a bit much. But at least I do have an excuse to read some books of my wishlist ;)

1 comment:

  1. Great list - there are some wonderful books on there. I hope you can manage to read them all - but it's good to try!

    ReplyDelete