- The challenge runs from April 1st till April 30th.
- You only have to read one book that has something to do with autism.
- Write your thoughts in a blogpost and leave the link to this post in a comment (I will edit this post throughout the challenge to add the links)
- Sharing this post is appreciated because I would like to reach as many people as possible and hope that they will participate :)
- A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardner. About how a Golden Retriever changed a boy with autism.
- With the Light by Keiko Tobe. This is a very thick manga for adults that covers the challenges a family faces when their son is autistic. It also tells a bit about how this is handled in Japanese society.
- The curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon. An enjoyable novel with an autistic boy as narrator.
Of course there are plenty more books on the subject but these are some books that I read and enjoyed.
I hope you will all enjoy participating in this challenge and please spread the word :)
All I Can Handle Im No Mother Teresa by Kim Stagliano at Daily Woman Blog
(the) Curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon at Writing Torberta
How to talk to an autistic kid by Daniel Stefanski at Bookish Delights